Are you looking for a nice focal point in a garden or on a larger property with lots of greenspace. This 12×14 Garden House Timber Frame joined structure would work great with a stone chimney at one end. We also like the idea of hanging iron rods to have curtains blow in the wind. In our portfolio, and on our home page, you will see what nice canvas can do for an open- air pavilion. It allows you to choose your intimacy level depending on whether the curtains are closed, fully open, or slightly ajar.
This timber frame structure is just the right size for a carpenter to build his own timber frame. The frame design, and plans, provide a great base for embellishing this garden structure in many ways. This garden house is whimsical and fun and along with the right environment, a great place to spend time outdoors.
12×14 Garden House Concept Plan
The style portion of the Concept Plan includes perspective views and renderings. We also include an elevation with a nice, landscaped backdrop setting. Use these pretty views to drum up support!
- Scaled Elevations with Landscape Backdrop
- (1) Rendered Perspective
- (4) Axonometric Views
The architectural section of the Concept plan includes base dimensions for overall footprint, eave heights, roof slope, and ridge heights. Use these sheets in the plan to consider the site and how it fits into your possible construction area.
- (4) Scaled Elevations
- Scaled Post Plan
- (1) Wireframe View
- (1) Scaled Longitudinal Section
- (1) Scaled Transverse Section
The materials section of our Concept plan includes material quantity lists to help you, or your builder understand costs associated with this project. No other supplier of plans gives you this much information for this value.
- (1) Masonry View that corresponds with the Masonry Take Off List
- (1) Wood View that corresponds with the Wood Take Off List
- (1) Square Foot Surface View that shows perimeter lengths and areas
- (1) Wood List that includes all the wood needed for the project
- (1) Masonry List that includes all the concrete and grout needed for the project
- (1) Surface List with Areas and Perimeters Totals to determine finish material pricing
All of the above is included in our Concept plan for less than $20.
12×14 Engineered Timber Frame Plan
Are you ready to build but the permit office, or prudence, or Joint and Peg, is suggesting engineered drawings?
Then it’s time to get proper construction drawings of the 12×14 Garden House with our Engineered Timber Frame Plan. The set covers all bases including the methods of the work, compliance, and materials. Please see “Additional Information” on this page to determine whether we can provide this service for your state.
A Professional Engineer that has licensure in your state will seal your plan. Consequently, the plans will include site specific address data, design criteria, and material specifications. You can submit these construction documents directly to any Authority Having Jurisdiction (Permit Office) that is requesting or requiring these for your project. You will have at least (3) choices of timber species. Typically, you can count on Southern Yellow Pine, Douglas Fir, or Oak to pass muster. You will let us know which of those is most suitable for you.
Sealed Section of the Plan
- Cover Sheet
- Design Criteria and General Notes
- Material Specifications
- Axonometric Views
- Frame Design Plan Views, Elevations, and Sections
- Joint Details and Connections
- Fully Dimensioned with the correct references (Carpenter dimensioning)
- Foundation Plan View, Section, and Detail
- Bills of Materials – Parts Lists: Wood
- Bills of Materials – Parts Lists: Masonry
- Bills of Materials – Parts Lists: Connectors
- Bills of Materials – Parts Lists: Screws
- Bills of Materials – Parts Lists: Pegs
- Bills of Materials – Parts Lists: Miscellaneous
Individual Piece Drawings Add-on
If desired, we can provide the following additional option to accompany the purchase of our Engineered Timber Frame Plan.
3d CAD/ CNC Model – Builder Member or Prequalification Required
We supply you with a 3d model that can be used for fabrication by a CNC machine. This purchase includes a licensing agreement for one use of the model unless agreed to otherwise. This product includes our Engineered Timber Frame Plan unless the project does not offer engineering as it is a small pergola or shed.
Our models are guaranteed collision free and to be 100% accurate with what is shown on the drawings.
Model comes with associated parts lists and production lists.
Ready to Assemble Timber Frame Kit – Builder Member or Prequalification Required
We manage the production of your frame and have it delivered to your construction site. Only available at this time in the Tri-State area of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. This product includes our Engineered Timber Frame Plan.
Are you looking for more information about timber framing in general? Please look into out Timber Frame Project Guide as we share our experience with managing construction projects.
There are no reviews yet.